- Project Title: "The Path To Light"
- Project owner: Rev. Vincente Vu Ngoc Dong, Director of Caritas Vietnam.
- Project manager: Mr. Paul Le Phuoc Thien
- Objective: support school fees and other conditions for poor students for a long term, even until they graduate.
- Procedure: the first year for 400 students of first grade in 40 rural locations, then with the positive response and generous contribution of the community, the program will expand the number of students at other regions in the country.
- Budget: 576,000,000 VND / first year ($27,428.57 USD) and increase according to the school fees of students who transfer to higher studies.
- Contact: Caritas Vietnam Office
Address: 319 Quoc lo 13, Hiep Binh Phuoc, quan Thu Duc, Ho Chi Minh city
Telephone: (848) 3727 1904
Latest project information
Caritas Vietnam (VN) and the Caritas Dioceses have been incorporating to implement the project about pro-life since 2012. The activities and training courses to help Caritas Dioceses have specialized staffs and collaborative groups to work together in pro-life section. In the following years, the collection of aborted fetus is still carried out and promoted more than other activities in the Dioceses.
Clean water is an invaluable resource and is becoming scarce. The proportion of people lacking clean water is increasing, whether in urban or rural areas. Clean water is becoming ever more necessary because water plays a very important role in human life. In rural areas, especially in remote areas, the proportion of people access to clean water to use for daily life is less, while the local water source is gradually polluted due to the pollution; agricultural, industrial wastes and even bad habits of the people.
The purpose of the project is to address the marginalized and vulnerable situation of people with disabilities (PWDs) and people with H (PWHs) with a comprehensive, multi-dimensional community-based approach to promoting participation, and social integration of PWDs and PLHIV in all dimensions of life.
Migration from rural to urban areas is becoming a challenge in big cities. One of the essential needs of immigrants is their children's study. Due to the barriers of paper, procedures, finance ... the children of immigrants face many difficulties, especially those with low economic conditions.
In recent years, the situation of human trafficking in the world and in Vietnam has been increasing and becoming more sophisticated. Every year, around 800,000 to 1,000,000 people worldwide are trafficked. Among them, about 2.5 million people are directly victims of human trafficking, mostly women and young girls.
“Path to light” means opening a bright future for the children, helping them and their relatives to keep their hope alive and confidence in human love.