Promotion of inclusion of persons with disabilities (PWD) and persons living with HIV/AIDS
A project to support people with Disability and people with H to integrate their community implemented by Caritas Vietnam and 20 diocesan Caritas (2017-2019) is the continuation of the project implemented in the 2014 - 2016, sponsored by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) through technical support of Caritas Germany. Through 2 project stages (3-year cycle), Caritas Vietnam gradually linked with diocesan Caritas Diocese to carry out activities to support people with H and people with disabilities to access social services under many dimensions and support these persons towards community integration.
Up to now, there are 19 diocesan Caritas Dioceses participating in the Disability Program and 16 diocesan Caritas participating in the Support for HIV program. These two programs are combined in the same project with many general implementation activities. The project will continue for the next 3-year period and the activity will focus more on the beneficiaries of the project.
The purpose of the project is to address the marginalized and vulnerable situation of people with disabilities (PWDs) and people with H (PWHs) with a comprehensive, multi-dimensional community-based approach to promoting participation, and social integration of PWDs and PLHIV in all dimensions of life.
The object of the project is people living with H and people with disabilities in Dioceses, regardless of religion, age, and gender, especially vulnerable people.
The Objective is divided into 3 levels:
Level 1: Persons living with disabilities and with H
• PWDs and PLHIVs have greater access to health, education, life and social services; and PWDs, PLWHs and their families can raise their voice by themselves.
• More PWDs, PLHIVs and / or their families have better lives and incomes thanks to health care, education and training opportunities, income generating activities, social dynamics with support of the Diocesan Caritas network.
Level 2: Diocesan Caritas
• The Cooperation between two programs at Diocesan Caritas is implemented more effectively and professionally for PWDs, PLHIVs and their families in all areas of life, including in the life of the Church.
• Diocesan Caritas staffs have knowledge of PWDs, HIV/AIDS, social work and a positive attitude, commitment to work for people with disabilities, people with H and their families.
• Diocesan Caritas staffs have working skills (know how to plan, implement, monitor, report, organize events, seminars, training ...), competency and confidence to work with stakeholders at the diocesan and provincial levels to promote and contribute to PWDs, PLHIV and their families.
Level 3: Caritas Vietnam office
• Caritas Vietnam office's activities and cooperation on Support for People with Disabilities and People with H have reached quality and scale.
• Organize training on the capacity of social work for staffs and volunteers in Dioceses.
• Establish and strengthen specialized networks and volunteers in Dioceses to provide maximum support for people with disabilities and people with H in the community.
• Organize workshop and seminars to facilitate people with H and people with disabilities and create opportunity for them to show their voice and rights.
• Monitor and supervise activities to support people with H and people with disabilities in dioceses.
• Promote and support the Diocese to seek, link, establish and support people with H and people with disabilities to improve their voices among their community.
• Associate with internal and external organizations to support and create conditions for people with disabilities and people with H to integrate into the community.
Over the two project cycles, Caritas Vietnam has partnered with 20 Diocesan Caritas across the country, with 19 Diocesan Caritas participating in the Disability Support program and 16 Diocesan Caritas participating in the Support for People with H. We have established and developed a specialized network and collaborators at 20 Dioceses, with professionally trained staffs.
Many training courses have been conducted to improve the capacity of staff and volunteers; “Case Management, Group Management, Consultation, Communication, Basic knowledge and skills in helping people with H, people with disabilities ...”
Network of organizations such as hospitals, religious congregations, schools, local authorities, etc., have been jointly and collaboratively implemented on many levels, especially from the diocesan level and parish level to support these people.
Many seminars with stakeholder engagement have been carried out, from the office level to the diocesan level, all aimed at improving the rights and voices of people living with H and people living with disabilities.
Up to now, there are 13/19 Diocesan Caritas participating in the Disability Support program have their groups, clubs, and 13/16 Diocesan Caritas participating in the Support for People with H program have their self-help group. Self-help groups and clubs have been gradually operating independently and relying on their internal resources.
People with H and people with disabilities have had psychological changes in a positive way, some of them have integrated into the community as ordinary people and returned to help their peer groups in their communities.
CALL FOR COOPERATION
The number of people living with disabilities and people living with H in need is huge, the project's intervention is only a small contribution to resource constraints. Therefore, we invite your cooperation, to join us, to support these less fortunate people, and to help them overcome their difficulties in life, first and foremost of inclusion in their community.
For further information, please contact:
COMMISSION ON CHARITY AND SOCIAL ACTIONS - CARITAS VIETNAM
Phone: +84 (028) 3727-1904
Email Caritas office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Caritas office: email@example.com
ACCOUNT NAME: CARITAS VIET NAM
- Account number for money:
- VND: 033.1.00.379133.5
- USD: 033.1.37.379370.5
- EURO: 033.1.14.380725.6
- Bank: Vietcombank
Sai Gon Branch, 69 Bui Thi Xuan St., Dist. HCM
- Swift code: BFTVVNVX
- Bank code: 79203008
* Please do not transfer to any account for any reason.
Latest project information
Caritas Vietnam (VN) and the Caritas Dioceses have been incorporating to implement the project about pro-life since 2012. The activities and training courses to help Caritas Dioceses have specialized staffs and collaborative groups to work together in pro-life section. In the following years, the collection of aborted fetus is still carried out and promoted more than other activities in the Dioceses.
Clean water is an invaluable resource and is becoming scarce. The proportion of people lacking clean water is increasing, whether in urban or rural areas. Clean water is becoming ever more necessary because water plays a very important role in human life. In rural areas, especially in remote areas, the proportion of people access to clean water to use for daily life is less, while the local water source is gradually polluted due to the pollution; agricultural, industrial wastes and even bad habits of the people.
Migration from rural to urban areas is becoming a challenge in big cities. One of the essential needs of immigrants is their children's study. Due to the barriers of paper, procedures, finance ... the children of immigrants face many difficulties, especially those with low economic conditions.
In recent years, the situation of human trafficking in the world and in Vietnam has been increasing and becoming more sophisticated. Every year, around 800,000 to 1,000,000 people worldwide are trafficked. Among them, about 2.5 million people are directly victims of human trafficking, mostly women and young girls.
“Path to light” means opening a bright future for the children, helping them and their relatives to keep their hope alive and confidence in human love.
Caritas Vietnam realized a scholarship project “The Path to Light”, that means opening a brightened future for poor students, keeping their hopes alive and helping them to believe in others’ kindness.